Upcoming Friday Mission

Everything relating to the Winter Game for 2010 (Game 3) goes here.

Re: Upcoming Friday Mission

Postby Vash1414 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Caleb AKA the Commissar.
Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader

"Good job Rogues! We might make a name for ourselves after all!"
- Luke Skywalker, Rogue Leader
Vash1414
Militia

Full Name: Alexander Holmes
Membership Type: Full Member
Student Number: 4529448
Overall Kills: 0
Overall Survival Time: 264
Survival Time: 0
Kills: 0
Medals: 1
Human Style Award (1)

Postby RobotJebus » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:27 pm

I really don't know about this guys, I'm not too keen on fun... HvZ is serious business!!!
RobotJebus
Veteran

Full Name: Paul Daniel Phillis
Student Number: 4415624
Overall Kills: 4
Overall Survival Time: 107
Playing your side (1)

Postby Angus » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:33 pm

HOW CAN I HAVE FUN WHEN THERE ARE HUMANS TO EAT AND MISSIONS TO COMPLETE?! ARRGH!

Seriously though, a fun mission should be fine. Unfortunately I don't have a small gun. Any chance I can bring my Raider?
Angus
Veteran

Full Name: Angus Heyworth
Student Number: 4675233
Overall Kills: 11
Overall Survival Time: 78
Medals: 5
Best Zombie - Runner Up (1) Playing your side (1) Runner Up Squad (2) Hunter (1)

Postby Myles » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:41 pm

Its fine to bring whatever weapon you have - we just don't want people rocking up with tons of guns. Also keep in mind that the nerf guns will only be used in a very small part of the day and for the rest of it you will be chasing humans. So if you bring a gun, make sure it can fit inside a bag securely and fully (no parts of it sticking out!).
2009: Club Founder || Club President || Moderator Winter Game (Game 1)
2010: Executive for Documentation || Website and Game Engine Developer
Myles
Captain

Full Name: Myles O'Neill
Student Number: 4679193
Overall Survival Time: 114
Medals: 3
Executive Member (2) Moderator (1)

Postby Jeo » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:44 pm

I'm a little scared now Alex. First I learn that you play Magic, and now a 40k reference? What are you, a nerd?

Gone but not forgotten
Foam Dart Goodness

><
Jeo
Major

Full Name: Joe Craddy
Student Number: 4425486
Overall Kills: 2
Overall Survival Time: 0
Medals: 6
Executive Member (1) Moderator (1) Best Human - Winner (1) Winning Squad (1) Runner Up Squad (1)
Original Zombie (1)

Postby Techie015 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:47 pm

Seeing i was turned tonight because hardly any humans showed up
and then to abandon the mission after we lost half the humans instead of before,
all i can say is that tomorrow better be lots and lots of fun if we can only make limited kills

p.s not having a go at the mods (you guys are awesome), humans just suck
Techie015
Civilian

Full Name: K
Membership Type: Non Member
Student Number: 0
Overall Kills: 1
Overall Survival Time: 91

Postby Vash1414 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:50 pm

I'm a little scared now Alex. First I learn that you play Magic, and now a 40k reference? What are you, a nerd?

At least I don't cosplay, or anything crazy and nerdy like that.

That'd just be stupid.
Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader

"Good job Rogues! We might make a name for ourselves after all!"
- Luke Skywalker, Rogue Leader
Vash1414
Militia

Full Name: Alexander Holmes
Student Number: 4529448
Overall Survival Time: 264
Human Style Award (1)

Postby chrismelba » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:51 pm

trumpetmagic wrote:To clarify I mean FUN as in players stop taking the game super seriously for a couple of hours and just relax.

Alright, we're going to need every zombie to meet for a 4 hour strategy session just before hand. If we're going to have fun then we're going to do it *right*. We'll need to work out every possible way we can take an advantage.

Edit: Also, I've decided to bring my shotgun tomorrow. Never got to use it before becoming OZ, so I sure as hell hope a zombie won't have to fire more than every like... 3 minutes or whatever the reload time on that bastard is.
Andrew Burgess wrote:Chris is being weird and has a stranglehold on this game.

No One Dies
chrismelba
Major

Full Name: Chris Carter
Student Number: 4213284
Overall Kills: 4
Overall Survival Time: 134
Medals: 7
Executive Member (1) Best Human - Runner Up (1) Winning Squad (2) Runner Up Squad (1) Survivor (1)
Original Zombie (1)

Postby Myles » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:21 am

Oh and a quick addition to that information, since I've told a couple of people.

Tomorrow's mission will involve an opportunity for squads to reunite and for both zombie and human squad members to work together again. So get as many of your squad (dead or alive) to turn up for a chance at more prestige.
2009: Club Founder || Club President || Moderator Winter Game (Game 1)
2010: Executive for Documentation || Website and Game Engine Developer
Myles
Captain

Full Name: Myles O'Neill
Student Number: 4679193
Overall Survival Time: 114
Medals: 3
Executive Member (2) Moderator (1)

Postby Auretious Taak » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:16 am

Techie015 wrote:Seeing i was turned tonight because hardly any humans showed up
and then to abandon the mission after we lost half the humans instead of before,

Lets face it, we were given the option to abandon it beforehand and were told if we did we were fucked utterly if we did so. We basically didn't have a choice which is the frustrating thing and so we attempted the mission. With roughly half of us left and the ability to probably take 2 more charges at best (that nerf ball was 2 ranks wide round me in a thin line as opposed to a circle because there simply weren't enough left to push it out wider safely) on the last approach to the safe zone it was end and have a game for the last few days or all die and have the handful of people left on the ground in the day utterly screwed...we did well, we worked together very well for the most part but "There's too many of them!" was basically what happened. Shame to see so many of the players I've been running with all week fall but that's the game and there is still a human prescence today so...

all i can say is that tomorrow better be lots and lots of fun if we can only make limited kills

On the flipside, it has to be balanced so as the remnant human forces have proper reason to turn up and risk being turned on the way in and the way out, and that's the challenging part because so many people want to see that last stand tomorrow that avoiding the day mission is tempting. You can already tell from human reactions and comments regarding Admiral Ackbar's seal of approval surfacing all over the place...

p.s not having a go at the mods (you guys are awesome), humans just suck

I disagree on the Humans sucking comment. There were some simple misunderstandings in the day missions (signatures) yesterday which screwed up the advantages that would have been won, and the poor turn out of people at the night mission saw everyone work well together with what they had. Even the skirmishes like the Men in Suits (gonna miss you guys at the Last Stand, so epic seeing you lot appear out of nowhere yesterday and take out a dozen zombies then pull back to the ball reload rinse repeat) and the chap with the as-20's which ran out to either sacrifice themselves for the good of humanity or to draw fire happily took on their part in the attempt. As a whole, the Humans worked very well together last night, everyone had solid firepower and anyone with spare large volume firepower weapons handed them to lesser gun handling players without thought. As the command structure we began with was taken out for whatever reason, it was replaced and Humans started working very well together. As has been said many times already, we didn't have the numbers for the mission compared to the zombies and kudos to them for also using strong tactics and adapting s we did when certain tactics (Line Charges+Front Rank Kneeling for better fire arcs) were eliminated due to safety/game issues.

Cheers all,

Watch Tower.
Wayward Commodore and Musician of the Cavalry, known to many as "Watch Tower"...
Auretious Taak
Veteran

Full Name: Luke Roberts
Membership Type: Associate Member
Student Number: 0
Overall Survival Time: 133
Medals: 2
Best Human - Winner (1) Squad Style (1)

PreviousNext