Watch Tower - Who Actually Killed Me?

Everything relating to the Winter Game for 2010 (Game 3) goes here.

Watch Tower - Who Actually Killed Me?

Postby Auretious Taak » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Greetings everybody,

So...someone killed me today. I was the last Human on the bridge to fall and alot of us are pretty sure the second last Human to be killed in Game 3. In the process of people trying to kill me I stunned at least a dozen individual zombies who each got within inches of killing me but didn't (got mad high five props for the epicness of holding the raider above my head, angled down over the people being killed in front of me and firing at anything that moved though, which was quite awesome :)), but as I died and got congratulated on a great last stand we all saw the rush after Jeff (?) as he legged it towards Engineering and his death and someone said excitedly to rush to the respawn point so as to join the group pursuing the last remnant of Humanity on campus. So I did just that. Which also lead to not actually handing over my kill card to get my death registered. Hence this thread.

So does anyone remember who got the actual kill on me today? And who witnessed it to confirm it?

Cheers all,

Luke,

Watch Tower.

P.S. I had 5 darts in my Raider drum of 37 left at my death and barring 4 darts to take out Dane as he came up the back of the bridge to kill us all and one or two which hit the same zombie, every single dart took a different zombie out (I waited for the ranks in front to take out the initial charges before picking off stragglers, done it all week and it's worked very well when people thought they were safe, well as safe as you can be with a respawning horde of zombies rushing you constantly. :)
Wayward Commodore and Musician of the Cavalry, known to many as "Watch Tower"...
Auretious Taak
Veteran

Full Name: Luke Roberts
Membership Type: Associate Member
Student Number: 0
Overall Kills: 0
Overall Survival Time: 133
Survival Time: 0
Kills: 0
Medals: 2
Best Human - Winner (1) Squad Style (1)

Re: Watch Tower - Who Actually Killed Me?

Postby Angus » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:31 pm

Haha, that's awesome. No idea who killed you, but nice work. Just a slight correction - there were two humans who died after you at Engineering. They were Kev and Jeremy, I think.
Angus
Veteran

Full Name: Angus Heyworth
Membership Type: Full Member
Student Number: 4675233
Overall Kills: 11
Overall Survival Time: 78
Medals: 5
Best Zombie - Runner Up (1) Playing your side (1) Runner Up Squad (2) Hunter (1)

Postby Auretious Taak » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:15 am

Top 3 is still awesome. Have heard mixed reports though from people on whether I was second or third last, in any case yeah, no idea who killed me. The positive side was that I was the last Human of the Cavalry so I got The Grand Treasure of The Cavalry which included a golden maverick and Lollies/Chocolate for all! Which was kind of cool. Nice to know kev made it to Engineering though. i couldn't get there even if I had tried, too many people in the way, I couldn't move and was too busy shooting stuff anyways, lol. I got to within like 5 darts of having to use my strapped on shotgun though, and as I waited for the secondary waves in each wave to hit and thus conserving shots as much as possible whilst everyone else spammed into the first waves, almost every shot hit a zombie (except for 4 at Dane as he reached up behind us on the bridge, and roughly 6 max that hit a zombie twice) so a decent amount of stuns for the last push all things considered. :) It was a good day and a great way to go out in any case, it's just a shame we hadn't sorted a signal to do the charge at the zombies the humans had agreed to do if we had been reduced to 15 or so Humans which after the first charge against us we had been. :)
Wayward Commodore and Musician of the Cavalry, known to many as "Watch Tower"...
Auretious Taak
Veteran

Postby psyxe » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:11 am

i definitely recall getting this call, and in all the commotion (and hoo haa about your epic last stand) i wasn't really able to get your card off you, then we all ran off to a massive group hug!

i don't really know many of the people who were around you to confirm, but I was sure i got this one

-- Psyxe (Dreadnaught)
psyxe
Militia

Full Name: Jason Glavich
Overall Kills: 1
Overall Survival Time: 132

Postby BLACK_Commando » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:26 am

that was an epic stand. very epic.

a little off topic, pysxe, being the dreadnaught that died, does that make you the tank? :)
HAZMAT.

BLACK_Commando
Lieutenant

Full Name: Kaleb Baldwin

Postby sarlacc_pitt » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 pm

psyxe wrote:i definitely recall getting this call, and in all the commotion (and hoo haa about your epic last stand) i wasn't really able to get your card off you, then we all ran off to a massive group hug!

i don't really know many of the people who were around you to confirm, but I was sure i got this one

-- Psyxe (Dreadnaught)

i saw it jason. Watch Tower was killed by Dreadnaught (that should SO be the kill description). i would have charged luke myself, but i was to awe-struck by the last stand
3rd time, I ran a picnic
4th time, I nearly ran the whole game
Jeo wrote:You're pretty much the Poster Boy of HvZ, Alistair. I want every other player to be like you.
-Said during a mod meeting
sarlacc_pitt
Captain

Full Name: Alistair Pitt
Membership Type: Full Member
Student Number: 4521201
Overall Survival Time: 118
Medals: 1
Squad Style (1)

Postby Auretious Taak » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:01 pm

Awesome! I'll bring the kill card along to the party this evening and hand it over so it can be made all official then. :)
Auretious Taak
Veteran

Return to Winter Game 2010