2010 Election: Executive for Documentation Applications

Discuss the club and anything relating to it here. Questions about membership, the constitution, the executive, etc.

2010 Election: Executive for Documentation Applications

Postby Myles » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:08 am

This is the thread for all nominations for the Executive for Documentation.

The executive for documentation is in charge of documentation during HvZ games and at all hvz events. Documentation means written descriptions, photos and video recounts of the event. Their job should be to collect as much of these media as possible and then to organise and collate them. They are also in charge of posting all of this information to the website and keeping the "news" section of the website up to date. This position is fairly low work over the majority of the semester but is essentially a full time job over the week of the game. It is highly recommended that the executive for documentation is not a player in HvZ games while in the role - due to the extreme work load. Not being a player does mean you get to know everything which is going on though, which makes this a very fun (though hard) job.

The Constitution wrote:7.10 Each member of the Executive has certain powers, responsibilities and jurisdictions. These will be as follows:
(e) The Executive for Documentation has the following responsibilities:
(I) To coordinate the documentation of games and significant club events.
(II) To ensure the website is up to date and maintained at all times.
Furthermore the Executive for Documentation has the following powers:
(I) The power of creative control over all documentation of games and events.
(II) The Executive for Documentation can vote as a member of the Executive.

Any full club member can apply to the executive role of the executive for documentation and may also apply for other executive positions at the same time (but may only hold one position).

This position runs from 1 week after elected until 1 week after the next election (in the next year) - thus you must be prepared to hold the position until halfway through first semester next year, you must be an ANU student for the duration of you holding the position.

Each candidate should post once using the following template:
Code: Select all
[u]Name:[/u] _____________

[u]Reason For Application:[/u]

[u]Relevant Experience:[/u]

[u]Plans and Ideologies:[/u]

[u]Extra Information:[/u]

[u]Photo:[/u]

Executive positions will be elected at the next AGM - which is currently looking like it will be sometime around the end of week 7.
2009: Club Founder || Club President || Moderator Winter Game (Game 1)
2010: Executive for Documentation || Website and Game Engine Developer
Myles
Captain

Full Name: Myles O'Neill
Membership Type: Full Member
Student Number: 4679193
Overall Kills: 0
Overall Survival Time: 114
Survival Time: 0
Kills: 0
Medals: 3
Executive Member (2) Moderator (1)

Re: 2010 Election: Executive for Documentation Applications

Postby Myles » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Name: Myles O'Neill

Reason For Application:

As the founder of HvZ@ANU it is a bit like a child to me. I care very much about it and want to see it become a long lasting tradition at ANU. For the last year I was president of the club however after long and hard deliberation I have decided that it is just not feasible for me to continue in that position. My degree is very time consuming and my academic performance is of the highest priority to me. As I continue through my degree I know that the amount of time I will have to deal with HvZ will decrease and I think the club needs a president with lots of time. However I am applying for the role of Executive for Documentation because I still want to have an active role in the club's organisation and because I think I have the dedication, skills and experienced required for the role.

Relevant Experience:

I have for a long time been a self taught media nut. I have substantial photoshop and video editing skills which can be seen on the website you are on now or in the last two game's summary videos which were made by me. I have a lot of experience in web multimedia and I will use these skills to ensure all collected media files are placed on the internet where anyone can access them.

As creator of the website there is no one who knows its inner workings better than me and I endeavour to keep it up to date at all times - there is nothing worse than an out of date website.

In terms of general game experience I have been a player for one game and a moderator for another. Coupled with being involved in literally all areas of the club through my role of president I feel I have a very well rounded view of what our club is all about and how it works.

Plans and Ideologies:

I believe that the role of Executive for Documentation is that of a collector. I will endeavour to get my hands on all film and photos taken throughout the game and will ensure that there are constantly people taking photos and filming events. I promise to have daily reports up every day of every game and between games to keep the news page up to date and to put up information on all events run by the club.

As far as the game in general goes I believe that as a club we are on the right track. The most important thing is for the club to build up a good reputation across the university in terms of both faculty and students. I want the club to be long lasting which means that we need to encourage new first year students to the club and we must find people willing to commit the time and effort of running the game. I believe that there always needs to be a balance between casual and hardcore players but that we should also recognise (and support) those people in between - the ones who play seriously but don't also skip all their classes for the sake of the game.

Extra Information:

I am a second year student studying a Bachelor of Philosophy (Science) (Honours) with majors in Genetics and Computer Science. One day I hope to be a professional mad scientist.

Photo:

2009: Club Founder || Club President || Moderator Winter Game (Game 1)
2010: Executive for Documentation || Website and Game Engine Developer
Myles
Captain

Full Name: Myles O'Neill
Membership Type: Full Member
Student Number: 4679193
Overall Kills: 0
Overall Survival Time: 114
Survival Time: 0
Kills: 0
Medals: 3
Executive Member (2) Moderator (1)