Game Anecdotes

Tell your stories here! Humans vs Zombies is an awesome game but people can't be everywhere at once. Chart your adventures and misadventures for others to see. Also show us your pictures and videos!

Re: Game Anecdotes

Postby Caleb Liaw » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:02 am

Wins:
Not losing anyone under my command over 3 days

Absent-mindedly going to Uni Ave from Chemistry instead of taking a sane route
Running into Scott, Joe and two others due to this route
Soloing them

Teaching routes to multiple squads
None of these squads dying

Soloing from Union Building to CSIT
And back
Within 30 minutes

Fails:
Leading a rescue squad to IGA
Finding that the douchebags we were supposed to rescue had already gotten to Pajenka's without telling us

Losing my phone while fighting Scott
iherd . theflood . pluffolution . donkchamp . lostsniper
Caleb Liaw
Corporal

Full Name: Caleb Liaw
Membership Type: Full Member
Student Number: 4406310
Overall Kills: 1
Overall Survival Time: 44
Survival Time: 0
Kills: 0
Medals: 2
Winning Squad (1) Runner Up Squad (1)

Postby Loz » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:06 am

A group of my ex-squad members offered me safe passage if I could lure someone else into a trap - not technically playing my side, but as a LIRO member I believe humans and zombies can work together... or I did.

Got about 10 steps out the door before the zombies started to move ahead of me, so I tried to call them back:

"Guys, wait, you're supposed to be protecting - never mind, I'm a zombie now."

I was only really upset because I wanted to die while dancing Thriller... :twisted:
There's a very fine line between Geniusness and Insanity. I like to think I hop, skip and
jump down that line every day of my life.

Loz
Looter

Full Name: Lauren Cawthron
Membership Type: Associate Member
Student Number: 0
Overall Survival Time: 222
Medals: 1
Survivor (1)

Postby Erin » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 am

Zionyx wrote:
Angus wrote:Having the afternoon of 20 or so zombies wasted completely by Kev etc. We camped them out in Coombs, because they had items, only to discover at the last minute that they were going to buy a taxi. Well played guys.

Items? Really?

Actually the items were with me and sean in the next buidling over, hedley bull, Antony assumed you knew we were there because all the zombies were gathered out the front of the large glass entrance way... we took a photo of chris' hat, snuck out the only other exit and ran to copeland while the horde was looking the other way :D
Erin
Looter

Full Name: Erin Gillies
Student Number: 4527786
Overall Kills: 6
Overall Survival Time: 173
Medals: 3
Bard Award (1) Winning Squad (1) Runner Up Squad (1)

Postby Deeno » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:10 pm

I have several... Getting to Pajenkas at 10 am yes'd, getting subway... phone call from Kev & Greg, meet us near Menzies. Ok, solo over, round the top of coombs. Oh crap, that's a horde. can't find a door so I go hide in some shrubs and get on the phone... hole up in coombs for a while, try to find a way round, hole up in coombs for a while, meet up with the doctor. Hear about the actual day mission, take a group of 7 as far as the balcony on Mellville, hold there for a bit in the open, find that we'd already failed the mission. Head accross to pajenkas then yet more solo adventures then traverse the entire campus with 2 people to finally meet up with PiP Red.

25 Metre shot on Richard on thursdays night mission that nearly gave me the space to go and grab the yellow beacon, except for the fact that I lost my magazine.

Running out 2 beacons before the zombies noticed, and then switching them when only Richard was around. Damn that was tiring

Solo run from shop to ANUSA to return some darts for escapium, and then the escape from there that was too close to call.

Richard and I colliding at full speed today in the hall, causing both of us to take the phones and keys out of our pockets for the next round.
Deeno
Veteran

Full Name: Dane Evans
Student Number: 4517304
Overall Kills: 9
Overall Survival Time: 109
Medals: 4
Best Human - Runner Up (1) Best Zombie - Runner Up (1) Winning Squad (1) Hunter (1)

Postby MinimanMidget » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:57 pm

A large group of zombies was standing outside talking on Friday. (This being because there were NO humans at ANU once the minigames finished. So boring.) We were approached by a rather dodgy-looking character (not game character) holding a sign saying "Nanorobots for Sale". He offered to sell us ONE (1) Nanorobot, and when rebuffed, asked us if we knew what a nanorobot was. When we said that yes, they are microscopic robots he insisted very vehemently that they were "NANOSCOPIC", asked if we had a cigarette, and then walked away. We waited about 5 seconds and then got the hell out of there.

All in all, an encounter both extremely weird and exceedingly creepy.
I just fell asleep...
MinimanMidget
Veteran

Full Name: David McKerrow
Student Number: 4847430
Overall Kills: 2
Overall Survival Time: 53

Postby Zionyx » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:01 pm

Hahaha... pajenka's crowd might recognise him.
Zionyx
Private

Full Name: Ben Creelman
Student Number: 4529362
Overall Kills: 0
Overall Survival Time: 263

Postby Vash1414 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Myself, Alistair and Freya were escaping off campus yesterday evening, and as we came to the four stone balls that mark the boundaries, we see 4 zombies.

3 of us - Maverick, Raider, Longshot, and socks. We could probably take them, but you know, its never easy.

As we get closer they see us.

"Hey, its The Doctor! We'll let you pass if you hug us off campus!"

We passed through a-ok. And then I hugged them.

<3

My double epic win/fail was trying to make it to co-op solo, and then getting chased by 10 Zombies, and then only _just_ making it to the newsagents. With only socks and sonic. Wow.

FYI - I have also been offered Nanobots, but this was last week. 0_o
Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader

"Good job Rogues! We might make a name for ourselves after all!"
- Luke Skywalker, Rogue Leader
Vash1414
Militia

Full Name: Alexander Holmes
Student Number: 4529448
Overall Kills: 0
Overall Survival Time: 264
Human Style Award (1)

Postby Loz » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Vash1414 wrote:Myself, Alistair and Freya were escaping off campus yesterday evening, and as we came to the four stone balls that mark the boundaries, we see 4 zombies.

3 of us - Maverick, Raider, Longshot, and socks. We could probably take them, but you know, its never easy.

As we get closer they see us.

"Hey, its The Doctor! We'll let you pass if you hug us off campus!"

We passed through a-ok. And then I hugged them.

That was us :) It was totally worth the 10 minute stun time for going off campus to hug you, too :)

Also, I was one of the Friday "Nanorobots" crowd. I was torn between hilarity and being terrified.
There's a very fine line between Geniusness and Insanity. I like to think I hop, skip and

Loz
Looter

Survivor (1)

Postby Angus » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:24 pm

Actually the items were with me and sean in the next buidling over, hedley bull, Antony assumed you knew we were there because all the zombies were gathered out the front of the large glass entrance way...

That is classic.
Angus
Veteran

Full Name: Angus Heyworth
Student Number: 4675233
Overall Kills: 11
Overall Survival Time: 78
Medals: 5
Best Zombie - Runner Up (1) Playing your side (1) Runner Up Squad (2) Hunter (1)

Postby Loz » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:38 pm

I must say, however, props to the nanorobot hobo for approaching us while I looked like this:

Loz
Looter

Survivor (1)

PreviousNext