Tales from a greenhorn

Tell your stories here! Humans vs Zombies is an awesome game but people can't be everywhere at once. Chart your adventures and misadventures for others to see. Also show us your pictures and videos!

Tales from a greenhorn

Postby Proeliator » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:43 am

So begins my first zombie apocalypse....
And I have to say, glad to still be in the realm of the living (NO THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION FOR Z's TO HAVE ME FOR NOMS)
Proceeded with GW's personal mission... success, and was great!
Midnight mission was hectic, was great and full of paranoia (gotta love it aye?) But again, might just be what's keeping us alive.
Started to become quite tense when we heard of a group going AWOL, but realized it was just the phone being dropped in the dark (note to self: maybe get torch?)
Lots of running, lots of shooting and again, healthy dose of paranoia...

Sleep

Woke up
Geared up
Rocked up
Got a helping hand from the Cavs (Thanks guys!)
Got to MCC without incident

First 12 hours, still in the realm of the living...
My plan to live forever? So far so good!

Good hunting everyone!
Proeliator
Looter

Full Name: Hagen Arhelger
Membership Type: Full Member
Student Number: 4788168
Overall Kills: 0
Overall Survival Time: 133
Survival Time: 0
Kills: 0
Medals: 1
Runner Up Squad (1)

Re: Tales from a greenhorn

Postby Proeliator » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:24 am

Right... 33 hours in now, and did I have close calls during that time..... Keep bumping into zombies and other survivors while making my way across campus... And who knew, one of those survivors was an OZ! (Although that would explain how he was doing so well solo........

Damn, but at least, still going good here.... We lost a number of good people last night as the almighty director felt that the apocalypse didn't have enough weight behind it, so decided to touch a chosen few, turning some of our very finest into the very thing that we fear, the undead.....

Well what else, what else? Can't say much, today will be another long day where we'll be fighting to stay human, alive and ourselves....

Good hunting everyone, don't give up hope!

May your shots fly true and legs move you swiftly!
Proeliator
Looter

Medals: 1
Runner Up Squad (1)

Re: Tales from a greenhorn

Postby Proeliator » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:19 pm

45 hours in

Fear?

No

Anxiety?

No

Excitement

Yes

Verily

Many many targets to shoot now, it'll finally make things interesting. :twisted: For I have travelled far, and while doing so, spent much time alone, thankfully surviving, making a fair number of close calls, encountering Z's, tactically avoiding them, playing the stealth game, trying to make sure I am not seen or heard, or if found, be able to survive, either by shooting and/or running...

Personally, there is, I believe, no dishonor in running. Bravery is great, and there is always respect to those who faced odds against them, but there comes a time when one has to know when to cut his/her losses and make sure they can survive to fight another day... I don't know, death before dishonor? Personally it's overrated... I may be considered a coward, but at the very least, a cautious, paranoid and currently alive one too...

Regretfully work took me away today, forcing me to miss today's night mission :cry:

Many have fallen, they have fallen while doing what they do best, facing incredible odds, but most of all, taking Z's down

We will remember them, and also to double tap if we happenstance come across them...

We humans are still a majority, don't any of you give up hope yet! We shall persevere. I don't know if I myself will have a chance to see the end of this apocalypse, for those who are reading this, but remember, we are still alive, there is still hope.

As long as you are alive, you are the hope. Survive.

Fire true.
Stay on your toes.
Stay alive.
Proeliator
Looter