NPC's

Tell your stories here! Humans vs Zombies is an awesome game but people can't be everywhere at once. Chart your adventures and misadventures for others to see. Also show us your pictures and videos!

NPC's

Postby MitchBeard » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:06 pm

NPC's again, ala last game.
http://thankyouforyourthyme.wordpress.com/2010/08/01/more-npcs-that-didnt-play/

edit: yeah, I only ever saw Kaplan as Eddy, and I knew I was missing Jacob and I felt bad but oh well. Then after showing the mods after I finished it Eddy's like "You should put Jacob in as the pilot!" "Who's the pilot? There was a pilot?" "Yeah, when Jacob was wearing his goggles on Thursday. Why else would he be wearing his goggles?" "Because his goggles are cool and he likes wearing them?"
Yeah, so no Jacob and no pilot. Sorry guys. Can't be bothered fixing it.
All I want to do is eat your brains. I'm not unreasonable. I mean, I'm not gonna eat your eyes.
PICTURE FUN BLOG!!! http://thankyouforyourthyme.wordpress.com/
MitchBeard
Looter

Full Name: Mitchell J Seymour
Membership Type: Full Member
Student Number: 4532420
Overall Kills: 5
Overall Survival Time: 21
Survival Time: 0
Kills: 0
Medals: 3
Moderator (1) Hunter (1) Original Zombie (1)

Re: NPC's

Postby boblog » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:30 pm

What was the story again?
Thesreyn wrote:
I'm open to suggestions.
boblog
Corporal

Full Name: Oliver Thearle
Student Number: 4310785
Overall Kills: 0
Overall Survival Time: 2
Winning Squad (2) Runner Up Squad (1)

Postby MitchBeard » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:13 am

Shit happened, people died. Same as always.
All I want to do is eat your brains. I'm not unreasonable. I mean, I'm not gonna eat your eyes.
MitchBeard
Looter

Postby MinimanMidget » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:27 am

Shit happened, people died. Same as always.

This seems to me to be selling the mods short by a long way. They clearly put a lot of effort in this game to create an interesting and entertaining storyline, and I for one think that's worth some appreciation.
I just fell asleep...
MinimanMidget
Veteran

Full Name: David McKerrow
Student Number: 4847430
Overall Kills: 2
Overall Survival Time: 53

Postby Jeo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:34 am

Ollie was trolling and Mitch bit back. I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it to be unappreciative in any way.

Gone but not forgotten
Foam Dart Goodness

><
Jeo
Major

Full Name: Joe Craddy
Student Number: 4425486
Overall Kills: 2
Overall Survival Time: 0
Medals: 6
Executive Member (1) Moderator (1) Best Human - Winner (1) Winning Squad (1) Runner Up Squad (1)
Original Zombie (1)

Postby MitchBeard » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:52 am

The mods know I love them. From the deepest depths of my loi- ahem, heart.
Last edited by MitchBeard on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
MitchBeard
Looter

Postby Alistair » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:53 am

>.>
Alistair
Captain

Full Name: Alistair Newman
Overall Kills: 3
Overall Survival Time: 175
Medals: 2
Moderator (1) Squad Style (1)

Postby Rachel » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:03 pm

The story (I'm working on a diary of the week by madame mystique but I'll give you a quick run down as her diary is all from her perspective)

Professor Moriartium from the ANU was working on a pill to help people live longer. Sadly a couple of his students got hold of the pill and tried it, washing it down with a popular energy drink - revive. The combination of the two with stomach acid produced a poison that caused the release of certain hormones which triggered rage episodes and dietary intolerances and cravings.

The result of this was zombies. The poison was then produced by the body with the hormone, and anyone bitten by the zombies recieved the poison and became a zombie as well. There are few poisons that the body creates due to ingestion of a similar substance and this was one of them. The scientist, professor Moriartium, felt responsible and initially tried to work on a cure. Having had no previous experience of anything like this he started to wonder if previously reported "zombie cases" did indeed have a basis in chemistry. He contacted a visiting voodoo practitioner as voodoo is most often associated with pharmaceutical zombification.

Voodoo has a long history of using specific combinations of substances to create certain effects and have long used a less potent form of this poison to create zombies. A "voodoo queen" of New Orleans was visiting and believed that the poison might be able to be reduced to the lesser form common to her 'religion' and thus make zombie-hood non-transferable and the horde controllable by her. She met with the scientist multiple times so that they could determine the actual chemicals used to turn the zombies but they were working on different agendas and didn't trust each other so their work was hampered.

Meanwhile, the Kaplin Corporation heard about the outbreak and wanted a share. The kaplin corporation has some small munitions stake, but more importantly, supplies would become of great value to all those in the zone. Kaplin wanted to be the only supplier and believed in the zombie invasion a few extra deaths wouldn't be noticed so took out the small time competition in a very hostile takeover. Kaplin merely wished to maintain the status-quo as they were making a lot of money off the human survivors. Wiping out the zombies would have been negative for him, as that would have meant the quarantine would have been lifted and supplies could be gotten as normal.

In the end, both the zombie queen and the scientist fell victim to the zombies. However they had managed to concoct enough of a vaccine that their mental functions remained fully intact and they continued to work out the poison. The scientist succeeded in isolating it with the help of the voodoo queen's notes, and make an aerosol form of the poison that would infect any who breathed it in. She managed to cover canberra with it, and she and the voodoo queen snuck out disguised as normal humans and proceeded to deliver it to major population centres around the world. The voodoo queen still believes she may be able to control the horde, and will continue to work towards that.

Sadly in the end Kaplin sided with the zombies and was torn apart by them so much so that he did not even revive as a zombie. One of his victims however did emerge as a zombie in the end and in fact led the party that tore him apart as a belated vengeance.

I'm sorry it didn't come through clearer throughout the week.
"It's kinda fun to do the impossible" --walt disney --

Zombie Style
Documentation Exec
Secretary
Goddess of Panjenkas
Rachel
Sergeant

Full Name: Rachel Yvonnne Keith
Student Number: 4315255
Overall Kills: 0
Overall Survival Time: 0
Game Status: Moderator
Medals: 5
Executive Member (2) Moderator (1) Zombie Style Award (1) Runner Up Squad (1)

Return to Tales of War